A few years ago, I went to the Health Mastery Retreat in Los Angeles. It was an amazing seven day cleanse that included fresh juices, morning yoga and even a Liver/GallBladder Flush.
Each day they had a different speaker come by to talk about different wellness disciplines that can help you while going through a detox program. One of them spoke about the benefits of using essential oils, and I was blown away at how many different things they can treat.
So here are just a few pointers:
HOW TO USE:
- INHALATION. Inhaling certain essential oils heightens the senses and can have many positive effects on the body. Inhale directly from the bottle. Diffuse with any premium diffusers. Carefully pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of essential oil. Cover your head and bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly.
- TOPICAL APPLICATION. Place 2-3 drops of oil in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application area. Massage the oil in a circular motion onto the skin.
- INTERNAL COMSUMPTION. Place several drops into a gelatin capsule and swallow it with water. Add 1-2 drops to a glass of water, natural juice or even yogurt. Add 1-2 drops to taste to your meals when cooking. Add 1-2 drops to a teaspoon of Blue Agave and swallow.
- Recommend starting your day off with them. Whether it’s Peppermint, Frankincense, Lemon, Lavender or any other one you like it’s a more naturally stimulating way to wake up. It is recommended you put the oils where you feel you need them. Some great places are on your feet, lower back, back of neck and sometimes on your solar plexus. You can diffuse them in the air to also make it easier to wake up.
TOP 5 ESSENTIAL OILS:
- LAVENDER: It is the most versatile essential oil and is often used to cleanse and soothe minor burns, cuts and other skin irritations. It has balancing properties that also calm the mind and body.
- PEPPERMINT: Can help aid normal digestion and has been used to ease tension and promote healthy respiratory function. It also combats mental and physical fatigue.
- LEMON: Believed to boost the body’s natural defenses and is an instant pick-me-up, promoting energy and mental clarity.
- FRANKINCENSE: Is used to support skin health. It’s earthy, balsamic scent has calming properties that increase spirituality and inner strength.
- SANDALWOOD: Used for a variety of purposes such as promoting healthy, beautiful skin and encouraging deeper meditation. It is also supportive of the body’s natural defenses.
OTHER FAVORITES OF MINE:
- RELEASE: A blend of sandalwood, ylang ylang and other essential oils that facilitates the ability to let go of anger and frustration It also promotes harmony and balance of the mind and body.
- THIEVES: Contains powerful essential oils that defend and protect. Apply on the bottom of the feet for internal support. Great to take with you when you travel to combat virus.
- ANGELICA: Soothing qualities that help relax nerves and muscles. Historically it was referred to as the “oil of angels”, in part because of its ability to calm anxiety, restore happy memories and bring peaceful sleep.
- ABUNDANCE: Combines oils such as orange and ginger which were used by ancient cultures to attract prosperity and magnify joy and peace. Apply topically over the heart, wrists and temples.
- EUCALYPTUS: Wide range of purifying properties.
- CLOVE: Traditionally used for its antiseptic properties, clove is an important ingredient because it contains high amounts of eugenol, which boosts the body’s natural defenses and regulates the body’s natural response to stress.